Want to start a new club? Click HERE.
You will need to put together an affiliation proposal which would be considered by the Swimming NSW Board of Directors for approval. Our new club admission policy is a short document that details all of the things you will need to include in your proposal, and what the Board will consider to be favourable in a new club. You will also find a new club affiliation form included in this document.
Things you will need to include in your proposal to the Swimming NSW Board include, but are not limited to:
- 2021-22 affiliation payment of $225 (this covers your club affiliation fee only; members pay individual membership fees online after affiliation is approved)
- Rationale for creating club
- Member list, including members are Swimmers or Non-Swimmers, and if they are new members to Swimming NSW, or if they are transferring from another club
- Details of where you train/lane hire contract or the contract or agreement you have with the facility
- New Club Affiliation Form (included in New Club Admission Policy)
- Proof of Incorporation through Fair Trading
- Club Constitution (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy)
- Club By-Laws and Rules (download model By-Laws here)
Once you have assembled your proposal, please send it in to us either by email or mail (no need to send via both methods).
Post: PO Box 571, Sydney Markets NSW 2129
Once we have received your application our CEO will consult with your local swimming area to seek their opinion and approval before your application is taken to our Board.
Our Board of Directors will then review your proposal in one of their monthly meetings.
Olivia will notify you shortly after the Board meeting if your application has been successful or not.
Has your club been approved?
Congratulations! Your club has been approved for affiliation and you’re now part of the Swimming NSW family. Work through the steps below to get your club up and running.
1) Review and understand the benefits available to your club (above) so you can take full advantage of them.
2) Pay your club affiliation fee.
3) Investigate the purchase of Meet Manager software so you can accept entries for your club nights, and any other meets, online.
- SDS Support – contact Helen Wood 0418 430 762
4) Contact email@example.com to set up your Swim Central console and give you access to the account
5) Make note of:
- your club’s Meet Manager and Team Manager abbreviation (given to you by Swimming NSW).
- your local area representative (given to you by Swimming NSW).
- contact your area representative to check your obligations to the area
- your Swim Central login (given to you by Swimming NSW)
- Swimming NSW and Swimming Australia’s membership fees
6) Download your insurance Certificate of Currency – which can be achieved after paying affiliation.