Swimming NSW has partnered with the multicultural outreach and communications experts at the LOTE Agency to encourage diverse community members to join swimming clubs across NSW as part of our 2022-2023 registration season membership drive.
The LOTE Agency’s approach is unique. While they develop marketing and communications materials translated into various languages, they also utilise their network to reach Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities in non-traditional ways, such as:
- working with leaders and other influential individuals within the targeted communities
- engaging in online closed groups
- reaching out to CALD media outlets
- engaging with migrant service centres, peak bodies and other community groups that attract CALD members of targeted communities
The LOTE Agency have been provided with a list of Swimming NSW’s 306 clubs so they can engage organisations outside of our traditional reach, and refer interested parties back to a club they may be interested in joining.
Membership Campaign Information
As part of this engagement campaign, diverse communities will be informed about the positive, welcoming environment swimming clubs are for CALD community members.
Communications materials will be provided to Swimming NSW and club stakeholders in three targeted languages other than English: Arabic, Chinese Simplified and Chinese Traditional.
The key messages of this campaign are 1) registrations are open for the 2022-2023 season and 2) CALD members can use an Active Kids voucher to join a club (which we know has been a significant driver of memberships the past two seasons).
Marketing materials include:
- one social media graphic with the above messaging in English, Arabic, Chinese Simplified and Chinese Traditional
- social media copy with the above messaging, translated as above
- a comprehensive stakeholder pack with complete information about Swimming NSW, clubs and info about this campaign.
The LOTE Agency will also launch a four-week PR campaign, commencing the week of 5 September, engaging with all groups mentioned in the above accordion. During this time, clubs can use these multicultural resources to publish their own posts on social media, but more importantly, clubs should be prepared to receive queries about their registration season.
Marketing materials in four languages are now available to download from our Marketing and Promotions page.