New club websites – Swimming Australia websites to cease 30 June
In this social media age, club websites continue to have an important role in recruiting new and supporting existing members. Club websites are the ideal location for hosting information online including training times, upcoming events, membership information, coach details and more.
With Swimming Australia closing it’s free club website platform on 30 June 2022, Swimming NSW has been working with Swim.Rocks to refresh the club website service that has been used by some clubs for several years. Swim.Rocks are independent of Swimming NSW and their support to the community includes a free podcast that shares “ideas, information and inspiration between swimming people who stay dry”!
The Swim.Rocks club websites offering
- Website shell for clubs to fill with their own content, hosted and with technical support.
- yourname.swimmingclub.org.au domain name. Please note that the continuance of existing Swimming Australia club domains is not possible.
- Redisplay of club Facebook feed.
- Instructions for uploading and editing content.
- Popular WordPress platform which is continually upgraded and can be migrated elsewhere in future if necessary, without lock-in.
This service will be offered at $400pa. In addition to the above an optional content migration service will be available for an additional charge of $1,000 discounted to $600 if paid by 6th May. Pricing includes GST.
Full details of this offer including its visual design will be available by 19th April. New Swim.Rocks club websites will be available at any time after that, but clubs wishing to use the optional content migration service will need to commit and pay by 6th May.
How to prepare
In preparation for these changes we encourage clubs to identify a lead person to oversee any transition, and update content periodically in future. We recommend you locate the login details to your existing Swimming Australia hosted site so that existing content can be easily retrieved before the platform is closed.
To ensure that all clubs have the opportunity to investigate this way forward for their websites, and to migrate across from the Swimming Australia platform by the end of June we ask all clubs using the existing Swimming Australia platforms to consider their options and decide if they would like to proceed with the Swim.Rocks option by 6th May here https://swim.rocks/websites/
- 19 April – the full website offer (design, pricing, etc.,) will be available from Swim.Rocks
- 6 May – lock in your agreement to use the Swim.Rocks platform to take advantage of the discounted migrating service fee
- 30 June – Swimming Australia club websites cease operation